A sound knowledge and understanding of project management principles is vital to ensure that projects are completed effectively and delivered within their expected time, budget and scope. This program introduces you to the critical elements of successful project management. These include a combination of tools and techniques, as well as people related issues for effective management of projects.
The first day of the course sees the participants being placed in simulated Integrated Project Teams (IPT). Trainers will then guide these participants as they plan, execute, monitor, control and close the simulated project.
Project Management Fundamentals
- Anyone who is involved in, or affected by, projects or change management within an organization, including project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, team leaders, product managers, program managers, project team members, subject matter experts, analysts, stakeholders, and senior managers who want to get more out of their project teams.
- Anyone in a leadership role who will benefit from an introduction to the art and science of project management.
- Increased expertise on how to design a high quality, globalized project management plan
- Utilize cost, scope and schedule as a touchstone to measure progress of project
- Write a well-defined project statement
- Determine project goals with quantifiable outcomes
- Lear to avoid obstacles in the project through successful planning and communication
- Define appropriate roles and responsibilities as a leader to enhance team’s overall performance and responsibility
- Craft, inspire and guide a highly efficient and effective project team
- Learn the art of communication with management, team and clients for successful outcome
- Generate clear and comprehensive written documents for projects